Host Meetings & Events
There are many benefits of hosting an event at the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre. The Centre is a state-of-the-art facility that houses an arena, fitness centre, meeting and conference facilities, performance space, gallery and retail space, municipal offices, racquetball courts, and walking track.
The Civic Centre utilizes architectural innovations offering a truly "green building" that is more efficient and easier on the environment and its visitors.
The Civic Centre has a complete equipment package for business needs, including LCD projectors, video conferencing, public hot spot wireless connectivity, and a full service business centre are available.
With catering and kitchen facilities on site, and a staff intent on solving your business and meeting needs, the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre has everything required for your next meeting, convention or event.
The Civic Center is located on Cape Breton Island - an area known for its beauty, culture, and hospitality.
- #2 destination in the world - National Geographic Traveler.
- #1 Island destination in the world - Conde Naste Travel Magazine.
- Whale watching, deep sea fishing, beaches and scenic ocean views everywhere.
- Live entertainment and home to international recording stars.
- Where history comes alive at the Fortress of Louisbourg, Miner’s Museum, Saint Peter’s Canal, and home to Alexander Graham Bell and Guglielmo Marconi.
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- 7 golf courses, including the #1 public golf course in Canada - Score Magazine.
- Great convention facilities.
- Amenities including casino, boardwalk, restaurants, and shops.
- Gut of Canso Museum
May 01, 2017
Summer Employment for Students
The Town of Port Hawkesbury will be hiring summer students for work throughout the town in various departments. All interested students must...
April 22, 2017
East Coast Music Award nomimee, Heather Rankin, will be performing at the Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre, Saturday, June 3. Tickets for...